Friday, November 4, 2011

contentment


Contentment

I believe contentment should be a fruit of the spirit! The spirit of contentment I think is so crucial to have.
Matthew 6:19
New International Version (NIV)
Treasures in Heaven
    19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

Fancy things, name brands, expensive cars- none of this matters in the end. What does matter is your relationship with God and others.
Buying what’s on clearance, cheap clothes at Walmart without the name brand tag, Tupperware from the $1 store, etc. should not bother you. If my house went up in flames all the money I wasted on trying to impress others or live by the worlds standards would be gone.
I am blessed that God has given me a content spirit and I don’t struggle with it very much but when I do feel the devil creep up I pray out loud that the Lord help me dwell on what really matters and NOT store up my treasures here on Earth. 

I felt this is what I was called to share today- on a side note....I did my first price match at Walmart tonight and it was very successful! Stay tuned- Sunday's post will be about price matching!

No comments:

Post a Comment