Thursday, November 3, 2011

Preperation


~Menu~

How do you plan your meals? Months in advance? Weeks? Or hours?

I was touched in a study I did on the Proverbs 31 woman about preparation.
Proverbs 31:
15 She gets up while it is still night;
   she provides food for her family
   and portions for her female servants.
This chapter goes on to describe that when winter hits her family doesn’t have to worry. They have clothes she prepared for them in advance. 

The point of this verse and one of the qualities of the Proverbs 31 woman is that she prepared .What would happen if you prepared all your meals before your family was up? I would be exhausted! We don’t need to do it her way but we do need to prepare and be faithful with our time. 

I have compiled a month menu of dinner. I do not do very well at sticking to it but I have it as a guide. I have a grocery list that I can check off to make sure we have everything we need to make any of those meals. This keeps me from being able to say “we have nothing to eat that I can think of, let’s eat out”
 My husband is extremely picky and I have food allergies so our menu is limited. I have shared my menu. I have the recipes for all of these so if you would like them please ask!

Dinner Menu
(in no particular order)
1.     Pork chops, apple sauce, broccoli, and rice pilaf.
2.     Hamburgers, corn and mashed potatoes
3.     Chicken fajitas
4.      
5.     Grilled chicken and mashed potatoes
6.     Teriyaki chicken and brown rice
7.     Dijon chicken with noodles and peas
8.     Baked breaded (with whole wheat Ritz) chicken with mozzarella and tomato sauce on top.
9.     Lemon butter chicken grilled with red potatoes
10.                        Chicken cacciatore and noodles
11.                        Baked pork loin and green beans
12.                        Pot roast with carrots and potatoes
13.                         
14.                        Chicken rice-a-roni and corn
15.                        Sausage egg hashbrown dish
16.                        Turkey egg casserole
17.                        Tacos with Spanish rice
18.                         Pesto chicken and noodles
19.                        Homemade chicken nuggets (with whole wheat Ritz) with homemade French fries
20.                        Italian chicken pasta (using a rotisserie chicken)
21.                        Chicken enchiladas (using rotisserie chicken)

No comments:

Post a Comment