Sunday, November 6, 2011

organizing coupons


Organizing coupons

Just finished clipping my coupons and wanted to share with you my method of organization.

I keep all clipped coupons in a big binder in alphabetical order by the product (for ex. Apples, toothpaste, mayo,). They fit into baseball card plastic inserts. The first insert under each letter is food and the second is toiletries. 

Store coupons and coupons to stack them with go into that stores section of my mini organizer. I never put store coupons in my big binder. 

After I have cut apart the inserts (red plum, smart source, etc) I put the date on the front cover and insert them into page protectors in a separate binder. The couponing sites reference the coupons by the insert and date, for ex. Red plum 10/23. They can reference months back sometimes so I like to keep all my inserts. There is just not enough room to keep the 2gogurt coupons per insert per paper per week in my binder. I also don’t cut every brand shampoo or my binder would be too heavy to lift up. It’s these extra coupons that stay in the insert tucked away until I need them. I cleared a whole shelf of inserts last week by inserting them into a binder. (so excited to have one more shelf for new stuff !)

I have listed another copy of my process:
1.       Sit down with scissors, your paper, your computer, envelopes and a pen.
2.       Cut the coupons of the products you use
3.       Visit coupons.com and target.com to print coupons of products you use.
4.       Visit the websites listed. Look at the deals of the week at Frys, CVS, Walgreens, Target and Walmart
5.       Decide which stores you are going to get what deals at.
6.       Label each envelope the name of the store you are going to shop that week. You can use envelops or a small organizer. I have a small one with about 10sections. Each section is a store.
7.       Insert the coupons in their proper envelopes
8.       Write on the outside what deals you are getting – use this as your list for that store.

Hope I provided you with some helpful tips! I love to organize!

No comments:

Post a Comment